Touch Compass Dance Trust
We are looking for two new Trustees who want to join a board committed to providing excellence in governance and to support one of New Zealand's outstanding dance companies.
This innovative Auckland-based company has won national and international acclaim, and is recognised for its ground-breaking work in integrated contemporary dance which includes disabled and non-disabled artists. The trust's vision is of a seamless society that values diversity and accessible participation.
Managed by a board of trustees with a wide range of skills and experience, Touch Dance is changing lives. As a Trustee your task will be to ensure the Trust continues to strive to achieve its mission and goals in the most effective and efficient way possible. The board is assisted by business and legal advisors, and employs a general manager and artistic director.
We are looking for two new Trustees who are highly respected and well-connected in their community, with skills to complement those of other Trustees with:
- "hands-on" commercial experience
- an understanding of, and some connection with disability and a desire for social change
- experienced in funding not-for-profit organisations in New Zealand.
Previous experience in a governance role is helpful but not essential as mentoring will be available from experienced Board members.
Commitment required - i.e. meeting frequency and duration etc
- To act in good faith in the best interests of Touch Compass
- A commitment to best practice governance
- To act in a way that ensures that the financial position of the Trust is protected for future generations
- To ensure that the philosophy of Touch Compass is upheld.
- Attend meetings of the Trust Board (Six meetings per annum, generally 3.5 hours)
- Engage in decision making required by the Board of Trustees on governance issues and strategic planning
- Support for the executive staff in the management of the Trust
- Attendance at a minimum of 75% of scheduled Board meetings
- Full participation in the deliberations of the Board.
Term of Office:
The term of this appointment shall be for three years. This appointment may be extended.
No remuneration is attached to the position of Trustee. The Trust Deed provides for Trustees to be reimbursed for expenses incurred while undertaking work on behalf of the Trust.
Applications are open now:
Applications close: Wednesday 8 November 2012
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your experience relevant to this position and confirmation that you qualify to be an officer under the Charities Act 2005. Disqualifying factors can be found on the Charities website:
Applications close on 4.00 p.m. Wednesday 8th November 2012.